Sep 10, 2012

Operation "Take the Garden Back" - Phase I


Now that I've graduated, and not working until at least October I've got some free time on my hands.  Time to revive the space around my house formerly known as the yard/garden.

Today...  Mowed the lawn, weeded the flower beds and patio, edged, and trimmed the ivy.  In general I hate ivy... but my fence is old and broken down so I'm thankful the ivy holds it together.  Now that I've typed it out it doesn't seem like I did all that much work, but my body sure hurts.

Tomorrow.. - Phase II
Move a few plants around, plant bulbs, and seed and cover the bald spots in the yard.

I checked out some 'break down the stump in the middle of the yard' stuff to add to the stump in the middle of the yard.  It's much less expensive than I thought, so I think in the next week or two I'm going to.. y'know...  break down the stump in the middle of the yard.


No comments: